Again...if you don't hear from us things are going fairly well. Jim is still having issues with his stomach as I mentioned in the past. His MRI & lab work show:
- cirrhosis in his liver so we are working with a nephrologist on that. His bilirubin level is high. Bile duct of his liver is narrow and may require biliary stenting.
- Kidneys are not filtering properly and he needs to focus on hydrating. He hasn't been doing very well on the hydrating portion of this. His urine looks like apple cider...not.cool.
On a better note, we are living a much more "normal" life. Spending time with family and friends and doing, for the most part, whatever we want. Couldn't say that a few years ago.
Here are some things that we have enjoyed since I last posted:
I've been training for the DASH for Organ Donation Awareness 5k tomorrow. If you'd like to donate, here's the link for our team. Our team every year has been growing and that is so cool and extremely humbling to Jim and I. As of now we are at 1,320 raised. Our team goal is $2,000.
There are a few days every year that I always look forward to.
- The DASH for Organ Donation Awareness
- Our fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis.http://www.steelhorsepokerrun.com / https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.373637776051902.91455.168929406522741&type=1
- Jim's transplant anniversary
All of these days remind me of how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken from anyone.
The last few months in pictures:
We participated in Wreaths Across America.
Jim's dad, Jim and I:
I ordered a bunch of these para cord bracelets and a keychain from a post transplant friend. If your interested here's her blog.
Attended an event for the Fisher House:
My sister-in-law, Jan, and may friend Diane:
Celebrated my birthday with friends:
Celebrated another Christmas together:
Michelle, Me, Kir and Holly
Me and Michelle
...or at least I did.
Allie, Shannon, Rod and Vonnie
Josh and Kirsten
Mattheu, Kir and Josh
Laura, Neal and Kirsten
Mattheu and Michelle
Me at a winery!
Jim relaxing at the resort
Jim in his happy place. Yankees spring training in Tampa
Doing agility with Doolie:
Crazy hail storm...
That's all for now. I'll try to post pictures of the DASH.
If you want to get ahold of us we are on Facebook.